Temporary Foreign Workers will receive a travel ban exemption
- The federal government has announced that a travel ban exemption is now in effect for Temporary Foreign Workers (TFWs).
- Employers using all streams of the program are able to make arrangements for workers to enter Canada.
- TFWs, like all travelers arriving in Canada, are subject to a 14-day mandatory quarantine period before they are able to begin work on farms. Specific measures are forthcoming.
- Other changes to the TFW and Seasonal Agricultural Worker Programs include:
- A temporary modification to the Labour Market Impact Assessment process for agriculture and food processing employers, waving the 2-week recruitment period for the next 6 months.
- Increasing the maximum allowable employment duration for workers in the low-wage stream of the TFWs Program from one to two years.
Click here for more information