Credit: Classroom Agriculture Program
Alberta Barley proudly supports learning through the Classroom Agriculture Program (CAP).
This program helps grade four students across the province learn where their food comes from—and what agriculture means to their lives. The program is not limited to barley; it looks at agriculture as a whole.
Volunteers from Alberta agricultural associations and communities deliver the program to classes during free, one-hour, hands-on presentations about agriculture. CAP also provides students with an activity book and teachers with additional resource materials.
CAP’s membership currently includes:
- Alberta Barley
- Alberta Beef Producers
- Alberta Canola Producers Commission
- Alberta Chicken Producers
- Alberta Institute of Agrologists
- Alberta Irrigation Projects Association
- Alberta Milk
- Alberta Pulse Growers Commission
- Alberta Veterinary Medical Association
- Eastern Irrigation District
- Egg Farmers of Alberta
- Olds College
To volunteer or to find out more about the CAP program, please refer to the CAP website.