Alberta Barley and Alberta Wheat Commission are hiring!
Marketing Communications Coordinator
Alberta Wheat Commission and Alberta Barley
The Alberta Wheat Commission and Alberta Barley are looking for a Marketing Communications Coordinator to join our teams in a shared capacity. We are a small but dynamic team and our organizational culture thrives on innovation and a spirit of entrepreneurialism. We challenge our team to come up with big ideas and be determined to champion them.
About Alberta Wheat Commission and Alberta Barley
Alberta Wheat Commission and Alberta Barley are provincial grower organizations that represent Alberta’s 14,000 wheat farmers and 11,000 barley farmers respectively. Both organizations invest in major program areas including research, communications and extension, market development and agriculture policy.
Our operating model
The Alberta Wheat Commission and Alberta Barley recently launched a unique staff operating model with one management team serving both organizations. The successful incumbent will work equally for both AWC and Alberta Barley, serving both the province’s wheat and barley farmers.
About the position
Our marketing communications team works at the front lines of both Alberta Wheat and Barley with the goal of demonstrating return on investment for our farmer members. This includes two major consumer-facing campaign called Life’s Simple Ingredient and Combine to Craft, an active media presence, regular newsletter and magazine publications, a diverse range of events, oversight of video production and a broad range of other marketing communications collateral.
Reporting to the communications manager and working collaboratively with the marketing and events coordinator, the marketing communications coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Support the execution of the Alberta Wheat and Barley strategic communications plans
- Write/assign content for both Alberta Wheat and Alberta Barley’s internal content in GrainsWest magazine
- Write social media content and organize monthly content calendar
- Project manage the AdvancingAg mentorship program
- Support the development of Alberta Wheat’s newsletter, distributed quarterly to the province’s 14,000 wheat farmers
- Oversee development of bi-annual research publication
- Write press releases, speaking notes, annual report, website and brochure content as needed
- Develop relationships with both agriculture and mainstream media
- Edit written content, always ensuring it meets brand standards
- Coordinate photography and videography as needed
- Support event planning efforts as needed
- Staff kids education events (Aggie Days, Calgary Stampede’s AgTivity in the City, Amazing Ag) and consumer events (Calgary and Edmonton Beer Fest) as needed
- Staff regional meetings throughout the province as needed
- Develop additional marketing communications collateral as needed
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in communications, public relations or journalism preferred
- 2-4 years relevant experience
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to multitask and adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
Nice to have
- Agriculture industry experience
- Knowledge of CP style
- Knowledge of WordPress CMS
Apply online or by sending a resume to Victoria Decker, Communications Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
May 11, 2018