Job Posting: Research Manager
The Alberta Barley Commission is seeking a full-time Research Manager for our Calgary office. Alberta Barley is focused on improving the profitability of Alberta barley growers by investing in research, market development, and policy initiatives.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Research Manager is a member of the senior leadership team and is responsible for ensuring the smooth administration, coordination and project management of Alberta Barley’s research and agronomic projects and commitments. The Research Manager develops strong working relationships with, and is the liaison between, farmers, researchers, government, industry, funding organizations and other stakeholders.
Working to further the strategic priorities of Alberta Barley, the Research Manager evaluates and recommends projects in conjunction with the research committee and manages research-focused grant applications and processes at both the provincial and national level. This position works closely with the Board of Directors and Commission staff to provide extension of research results, updates and information. The Research Manager also participates in numerous research-related committees, projects and working groups, both at a provincial and national level.
- A passion for agriculture and enjoy working in a diverse, flexible and team-based environment.
- Degree in agriculture or related science program; master’s degree an asset.
- Firm understanding of agricultural research, grant writing and project management.
- Three to five years research experience.
- Experience developing and implementing projects and programs.
- CCA designation would be considered an asset but not a requirement.
- Knowledge of Canadian agriculture and the barley industry.
- Superior communication, written and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship-building skills, with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Computer proficiency is a requirement of the position.
- Ability to travel regularly.
The Research Manager role has a competitive, incentive-based compensation package including base salary and benefits.
Applications can be directed confidentially to the Alberta Barley Commission at email@example.com . For more information about Alberta Barley, please visit www.albertabarley.com, Interested individuals may also call 403-219- 6262 to speak directly with the General Manager, Rob Davies, regarding this opportunity.
The deadline for applications is Friday, March 17, 2017.